View Single Post
Old 17th May 2014, 05:38 PM
Member of: Iceni

Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
Hi Lofty, I think you would struggle fitting the action into anything other than a new custom made stock, as the breech block is uniquely shaped and curved. As you say, a lot of the rumours about reliability were related to very early examples (mostly press supplied guns). I know two other shooters with this rifle, none of us have any issues with them.

If I hadn't bought the Steyr roughly the same time as I bought the FTP, I would not be advertising it for sale. I have had many airguns (virtually all of the Daystates, from my current Regal to a Target). The FTP wipes the floor for build quality and accuracy with all of them.
Absolutely agree about a custom made stock as I have never been able to fit a standard stock even an adjustable one due to my LOP, or reach to pull , of 17 1/2 inches. It's quite amusing watching people try to use my guns ! LOL.
Hence why I was prepared to buy an action and then get a stock to fit me but AA deemed it a non starter and lost themselves a sale I'm afraid.