View Single Post
Old 16th May 2014, 06:05 PM
Pellet testing...yawn
Member of: CASA - California Airgun Shooters Association

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
No worries.. have a go and please let me know how you get on with the trigger.. I've had a few people asking me about this already and it's looking like the LGU is going to be extremely popular, so it's a problem most people are going to want to solve.

If I can get some feedback, I'll put all the photo's and trigger tuning procedure up on it's own webpage - I might even create an animation for the Walther trigger if I get the time.

Yup, I'm very tempted by the LGU but I'm holding off on one for the moment.

Not because I don't like them, it's because for this season I've had Jon Budd build me up a couple of very nice TX internals. I shot with just bog standard TX Mk1 internals last year (without a piston weight and with better fitting guides) but for this year I need to bring something a bit more special to the table when I shoot out in NZ at the Worlds. If I'm going to have to go head to head with TX SR's, Whiscombes, and tricked up Diana AirKings I want something that's going to at least give me a fighting chance against the semi-recoiless brigade

So I've put so much time, effort and money into the TX's now that with just 4 months to go before the Worlds, I need to focus on those rather than take a punt on a new gun and then have to think about getting adjustable trigger blades and custom laminate stocks made up etc etc..

If I didn't have a race tuned springer already - the LGU would be at the top of my list and I'll more than likely get one after September and give it an outing in the NEFTA Winter league.
Keep us posted on the TX once Jon works on it. I'd be curious as to what port, stroke and seal he ends up with. I follow all the posts on airgunbbs and it's quite interesting. Makes me want to get a TX and have it set up to his specs.