Thread: Milride today
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2014, 06:13 PM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley
Default Milride today

After speaking to many shooters today, they were all of the opinion that the course was way to tough for the conditions today. The targets in the wood were about right, with a good mix and something for all grades. The top field was just.......ridiculous in my opinion, and the firing line should have been moved in by at least 5yds this morning, knowing it was windy. A course needs to be put out to suit the conditions...and the top field just wasn't. Too many reducers, including one at 41yds, a kneeling lane with targets at 47yds and 33yds. I lost count of how many 25mm targets I shot, but it was at least 8, which is the maximum allowed for a 50 shot course set to BFTA rules. And this was only 40. Was there 2 or 3 15mm targets, to be Frank, I lost interest after the second lane in the field. If this Midland Summer is to get off the ground and become more popular, then we need to think a bit more about course design and conditions on the day. The wind today was forecast, so there's no excuse for putting out a very long course in very windy conditions. Some of the lower grade shooters who only managed to hit in the teens will be put off from doing further shoots in the Midlands Summer league, this was the first one, so in my opinion it should have been an easy course to encourage the lower grades to attend further shoots.

The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread