View Single Post
Old 8th May 2014, 12:58 PM
Pete Dutton

Originally Posted by KyleHampton View Post
How can .22 and springer shooting ever grow if it is not recognised, not only at the worlds but at ukahft events aswell. Many times I have seen shooters put in fantastic scores to be told sorry we dont do trophies for that class. I understand that a few years ago when only a couple people shot both classes it would be a waste of money. But now both classes have grown with top pcp shooters trying their skills at the harder classes. So I think it is disrespectful and unwise for the officials to look down upon these shooters who try their hardest.
Looking at the Individual round scores from last years UKAHFT National Series, the following % of shooters attaining trophies in the Open & Recoiling classes can be compared, it doesn't seem to show that recoiling shooters are being that hard done by....I've chosen recoiling Kyle as you are a recoiling shooter, I can post the other class % if anyone is interested:

6.25% Recoiling
3.6% Open

Fort (Sat)
7.14% Recoiling
4.17% Open

Fort (Sun)
7.14% Recoiling
4.17% Open

7.14% Recoiling
4.0% Open

12.5% Recoiling
4.9% Open

Mad (Sat)
8.33% Recoiling
4.17% Open

Mad (Sun)
8.33% Recoiling
4.38% Open

7.14% Recoiling
4.46% Open

10% Recoiling
4.38% Open

I really can't see how recoiling shooters are being disrespected or looked down on, you are getting around double the trophies per entry compared to the Open Class