Thread: Countback
View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2014, 07:23 PM
Member of: Blaenau Gwent

Originally Posted by stillwater View Post
Only my opinion, that doesn't count for much really!!
However here goes
Count back works fine at a normal UKAHFT round but I personally don't think that it is fair at the Worlds.
If i'm correct Count back is done on day two's scorecard?
We have several competitors shooting on two different courses so I don't see how CB can be a fair way of doing it, one course could be more difficult than the other, The unsupported stander may come early on one course and cause people an early miss as opposed to being the 30th target on the other course.
I know that time is short at the end of the competition and this is why it is done to speed things up.
Could we maybe put two lanes of identical targets out so that two competitors are shooting off in a head to head against each other, sudden death, first to miss is out, this might speed things up and allow for all top 12 places to be done on a shoot off, it may take a little longer.
Like I say only my opinion but what does everyone else think?

I'm no fan of count back as an equal score is a draw to me and needs a shoot off, we don't use it in FT other than on a club shoot then it still doesn't seem fair and I personal wouldn't recognise it as coming second of any other place.

Steyr LG110 FT, Sightron SIIISS 10-50x60 LRIRMH