View Single Post
Old 21st April 2014, 07:01 PM
Member of: Greyhound Gun Club

I did consider a hydro dip however i was worried about how long it would last? I have heard mixed results of getting stuff hydro dipped and its not cheap!

I have added a few photos of it out the stock. You can see on the trigger unit it has the number 225. This is the ONLY number on the whole gun! I have taken some close up photo's of silly things such as the bolt (a lot smaller than my AR5s) The trigger unit, in case this changed over the years? And i have also taken a photo of the fill probe.

I have also noticed there was a H stamped on the air cylinder cover? Not sure if this is relevant? Also there is only one grub screw which retains the air stripper instead of 2 like my AR5s.

Final observation is you will note that there is black anodising around the breach where the probe slides in and out, and more noticeable is the black anodising left around the threads where the cap covers the fill probe indicating that originally this rifle was black.... This leads me to believe that it was polished but also they may have ground the markings of the breach now I'm not 100% sure about that part? But i can't imagine Steve would build a rifle and not put his stamp on it? Considering all Ripleys were engraved with the date the rifle was finished and the name of the person who's rifle it was just seems strange that this has nothing other than that 225?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ripley_Black.jpg (34.9 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg Ripley_Number.jpg (51.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Ripley_H?.jpg (64.9 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Ripley_Fill.jpg (37.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpg Ripley_Trig.jpg (41.8 KB, 69 views)
ISP Airstream MKIII... Gary Cane Stock... S&B PMII