View Single Post
Old 31st March 2014, 01:28 AM
Member of: Thorn Dell ( RIP )

Originally Posted by chrisc View Post
Will have a think about that G.

I think that Barry might know straight away. I think the reason that the barley twist 'went off' was down to an intensive cleaning regime with pull throughs after every shoot and the full VFG once per month. Also the rifle is at least 8 years old and has had a serious amount of lead through it

on average i shoot a full tin every weekend, take a rough estimate of 40 weekends per year and i've had the rifle 8 years so at least 160,000 pellets through that barrel

I will ask Barry to have another look at it for me.
Hi Chris , I have had sleepless nights about your barrel all weekend. However I think I have come up with the answer to the problem. You have said that you clean your barrel after every shoot and VFG it every month . Well both our No.1 & No.2 guns have Barley twists fitted to them. No.1 gun has had its barrel cleaned once since we bought it in 2008 ,it was last cleaned it in 2012 thats the gun John used for the Worlds. The No 2 gun was purchase in 2009 and the barrel was last cleaned at the same time , we use this gun for testing anything new so it has had a good load of pellets through it. We found that after cleaning both the barrels we had to fire a number of pellets through them ( I am guessing now ,but say at least 200 ) before they were back on the money .
Just some thoughts . G.