View Single Post
Old 26th March 2014, 09:29 AM
Member of: kibby misfits

Originally Posted by Gcos View Post
The cheapest route to go down in the long term is to buy an S400 with a beech stock. Then chop the stock about unmercifully till it fits him . Gun fit is all important with a child . Stock length, cheek piece riser , hamster .scope height. As he gets older you then fit spacers to make it fit.

I can only comment on the S200 with a target stock , as this was the first gun that I bought new for my son at the age of ten. The stock was great , the shot count for competion use, was useless, there was also a question mark over how the scope mounts should be fitted to the action , I cant remember how we did it in the end but it wasnt direct onto the dovetails on the action ,and I was never that convinced about the accuracy of the gun ,with 4.51 pellets the groups were good but every 8 or 9 pellets we had a flyer, with 4.52 pellets the groups opened up but no flyers. That was our findings anyway.
I hope this is of some help to you . All the best in getting him interested in competitions.
Regards G.
all i can say is i found the exact opposite, the s200 was bought for my lad when he was 12, no problems mounting any scope, stunningly accurate, and he had no issues shooting regulary at sarc comps and hft putting in some very credible scores, have only just this week traded it for a s400 superlight because he has turned 15 and will be taller than me soon