View Single Post
Old 24th March 2014, 08:07 PM
Member of: Rivington Riflemen

Originally Posted by Mr P View Post
Guess you are familiar to the fact that the home office gave airarms 2 options, they could fit anti tamper by choice or be told how to restrict guns and it would be some what policed ie home office crawling all over them
What I am familiar with is that the above statement is totally untrue. I would love you to inform me where it came from.

What is true is that the FCC (Firearms Consultative Committee) set up a "Working Group" in 2003 to look at AT.
That working group were not members of the FCC.
When the FCC was disbanded in Jan 2004 that group from AMTA kept working independently, the only part of the FCC to do so.

Unfortunately when the Home Office was asked did they insist/threaten etc any manufacturer about the fitting of AT they said categorically that they did not. Just think, a Government Department setting up a system where a person could not comply with the law

Anyway if it was a "Home Office" requirement how come there is none fitted to Steyr, Walther, FWB or Anshutz.

As a further thought. Tony Belas of Daystate did make a statement that if anyone wanted a rifle from Daystate without AT fitted then they could order such a rifle. Funny that !

Last edited by raygun; 24th March 2014 at 08:18 PM.