View Single Post
Old 21st March 2014, 10:19 PM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley
Default Leupold

Hand on heart I can say that for the money the Leupold Competion is one of the best FT scopes out there, just look at how many FT shooters are using them.....but they are not the easiest to use. I would say that if you are used to Big a Nikko then the Sightron will suit you better as the operation will be more familiar to you. The Leup comp operates totally different than a Nikko or Sightron, and you must spend the time, and put in the effort to get used to them. I have known shooters have a Leupold comp for 2 weeks, then say that they can't get on with it. You need to use one for a full season, through all weather conditions, in hot and cold temperatures to really get to know any scope.

The Leup does not snap in and out like a Nikko or Sightron, and to new users parallaxing can be a bit vague if you don't know how to use them. A smaller sidewheel does help with this though.

I now own 4 Leup comps, two 40mag Mildot and two 45mag Mildot, and the only other scope I would consider would be a March....but will it be 2.5K better than what I have now.

The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.