View Single Post
Old 12th March 2014, 12:31 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skires View Post
Good that they've listened re the U/L version.

These have been around for some time now ( BB ) and is there still no one knocking out custom stocks for them? They are never going to compete against the TX HW with that standard stock in FT/HFT.

CS don't seem to want to make them.

The fore end is too shallow for FT or HFT and most target men will want thumb through or up, vertical PG, very high cheek, adj. butt.

Looks like it will compete with the HW97 if the price is right but it needs a custom stock for serious target use. Who's making them ( will make them )?

Having said that the lad that won the Worlds does ok with standard stocks. Maybe this stock thing is a red herring.
I'd been told that Custom Stocks wouldn't make stocks to other than the patterns they had already got, I rang them anyway. The result of that phone call I made is I've had two stocks made by Custom Stocks of Sheffield, one for a Webley Longbow and one for a Webley Raider. I just rang them up and spoke to Richard, he couldn't have been more helpful. I jumped in me motor with two standard stocks and drive to the CS workshop. Richard showed me round the place and like I say couldn't have been more helpful. Anyway I left the standard stocks there for then to get the correct inletting measurements etc and a few weeks later I got a call to come collect my new stocks and the original Webley ones. No problems, first rate service! Try em, you may be surprised!

There's photos on STB here a bouts if you have a mooch!