View Single Post
Old 10th March 2014, 07:35 PM
Lee Marvin & the Shadows
Default My Weekend at the Brass Monkey

Went to my first Bench Rest competition over the weekend at Portishead near Bristol.
Its defo different than the HFT that I;m used to .
Practice was on the Friday ,I turned up with a Pro-target which was shooting so well at Pete;s Farm but I could;nt hit a barn door if I was pointed from 10 feet so that was back in the bag ,out comes the old S200 fitted with a new scope I borrowed from Tony Male and things looked good in PRACTICE.
Kipped in the van ,up at 7AM and ready for the day ahead ,first 4 shooters started at 9 and we were on the way ahead .my first 25 target card was at 2 o;clock and the wind blew from the first shot which went about half inch right ,some got better and some got worse and I finished with a dissapointing 238 the next card was;nt any better and that was my first education into bench rest shooting.
The Saturday night was great, 24 of us went to the local eatery and I got to know more of the shooters that had come from far and wide ,East Yorkshire,Wales ,County Durham,London and Manchester to name a few the food was good the banter was even better.
Sunday the shooting was better and I got into the 240;s so I;m now looking forward to the next competition .
My first Bench Rest weekend shoot went really well ,I met some lovely people,could and will shoot better in the future, it was different but any-one that has;nt tried it please dont think its easy them 2 mm centres dont get bigger as the wind blows they get smaller.
If any-one wants to try just keep an eye on the posts in the bench rest section on S-T-B and you;ll be pleaslently surprised .
cheers Ian
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread