View Single Post
Old 25th February 2014, 06:57 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by rich View Post
Picking up on RobF's reply, and Gilly's posts, it raises the question as to how any change to the system might be proposed. It's all very well to say put together a team and come up with a scheme with enough meat on the bones to pick over, but it would need a region's endorsement to become a proposal on the table.

Now it might be the case that my own region decides that the idea is a non-starter. However other regions might just say, that idea has merit, let's talk about it. Those other regions might together form a majority in favour of change, but they don't get to hear about it as it's got no further than my home region.

The other way would be for the BFTA management to commission a study, but that needs to come from HQ, top down not bottom up.
I wouldn't let that stop you. Yes I agree that in order to get something to the table it needs to be approved by the region but that's the double edge sword of a system that filters out proposals. Arguabley it just needs to get the majority of a region to agree or however it's done within the region. But it doesn't have to come from your region

But as it stands with your rep voicing silence from the region it might be that you have the easiest route on your doorstep. Or certainly there appears to be little else to discuss bfta wise.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep