View Single Post
Old 25th February 2014, 04:00 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by rich View Post
Thanks for referring to my suggestion as being bright.

The motivation for change will not come from those currently in some position of influence, as they would have made movement in that direction already.

Drafting a constitution is a chore but it's not that hard, if you know what you want the business or association to achieve. Been there and done that. But there is no point in expending that effort if there is not sufficient support in principle; debate and discussion could begin at any time.

Internet forums may not be the best place to start, it is true.
Rich, having been in several BFTA meetings, I can tell you the main issue is not the will to change things, it's the time it takes to pull together the proposal. That's why 1/2 baked proposals don't get even a 2nd proposer because people can see the issues even with just quick discussion. Good proposals that stand scrutiny from a number of quarters, even beyond you consider those in opposition, take considerable amounts of time to produce. So that's why I say, if anyone has a bright suggestion, instead of typing it out on the internet, put it together and then publish it for peer review or get it proposed.

Aside from all the details, my immediate thoughts are what happens to the inter regionals, what happens to the winter leagues, etc... all the things that sit on the regional structure's shoulders.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep