View Single Post
Old 24th February 2014, 07:56 AM
Member of: redfern

Originally Posted by Lol Moore View Post

I think it depends on where your line of sight falls as to whether you shim to get the optically centred scope "looking at" your zero without any clicking.

I would think its more of a problem with the high mounted FT scopes than the low mounted HFT scope, I would say the only way to tell if you need to shim is to optically centre the scope mount it and see how close impact is at your chosen zero (25 yards say) if it requires a lot of elevation adjustment it may be worthwhile to shim to keep your eye looking through the glass in the optimum area.

Have to say I have some new "as low as they go" mounts off Rick on here and they are the dogs, I have <1mm clearance on the action and with the scope optically centred I only needed around a dozen clicks to zero - windage was even less - quality.
Hi mate,thanks for the post,I've just moved to a connect 32mm,that would be hard to optically centre as the objective is weird,I did think about low mounts but your going to need more hold over at further ranges,suppose you can't have everything in hft it's always a compromise