View Single Post
Old 9th February 2014, 10:19 PM
Mk3 Fanatic
Member of: SYWELL NTSC : FT : Greyhound : Kibworth

Thank you all, for your support and encouragement.

The startling thing for me, out of all of this, is that this morning, in my dropping the gun after all of the effort I had put into it on Friday, was how it became 'the straw that broke the camels back'.

I suppose that I must have thought some of the things that erupted out of me this morning, but I had not seriously considered the possibility of 'giving-up' before. Sure, I may have joked about it. And I may have expressed a not very deeply held reservation, about the whole venture, to a close shooting friend, in the course of conversation, but .......

Anyway. It's out now. In a sense, I feel better now that it is out in the open. It was obviously there beneath the surface, and was never going to produce a positive result - so 'better out than in', as the saying goes.
At least on Sunday at Far Coley II, I won't feel two faced. I might feel a bit of a mutt. But I'm no stranger to that particular feeling.

I'll dig in - take the kind and wise advice provided. Get back to my feet etc etc etc

I'm taking my mother-in-law to Morrisons in the morning: then I'll sort the gun out. Again.
You're only young once - so it's best to make it last for the whole of your lifetime.
The FFTA Winter League nemesis
Renovated Daystate Mk3 .177 ~ Big Nikko Mk3:
BASC Member