View Single Post
Old 1st November 2009, 06:14 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Yep, thanks to the Newbury crew for an excellent shoot. Really enjoyed today, despite the "Millride" conditions... but they seemed to fade about 10 mins before finishing, and at the end we were even blessed with a bit of sunlight!

It was suprising how little some shots took, but speaking to Steve Privett after his first win on 33(?) he said there was 3 he took off the plate as he came back around to the start, so not everyone had it so easy, and he shot very well leave with just 7 standing. Well done to Mike Edminson on his overall 2nd with 32 in B grade. It's nice to see a strong element to the region that extends solidly beyond a few shooters. It wasn't as if it was cakewalk course, 40 yd standers, long elevated kneelers, reducers and 50+ shots kept the sitters on their toes.

I think i'm still in South African mode... another stander shot sitting (12yds) and James kept leaving the targets up, and not the ones he just missed because his Anchutz desperately needs a service.

Bucanneers at Bisley next on the 22nd of November and we'll be at the halfway point! Cripes...

Thanks for getting the scores up so quick Alan.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep