View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2014, 09:44 PM
Daystate's whipping boy
Member of: Tawd Vale FT & ARC

Originally Posted by SDplinker View Post
I like the Weaver T36 - but I've only ever looked at one or shot one at benchrest.

The good (as I see it):
-Simpler with front AO
-Good glass
-Repeatable clicks

The bad (as I see it):
-Can't mag down for standers
-Minimum focus distance of 50 feet or so
-Very fine reticle

Those that have shot or currently shoot a T36 - how have you overcome the "bad" items and why do you still use or choose this scope over say a Bushnell 8-32 or similarly priced Falcons, used Nikkos etc. And those that have used a Weaver and the others, how does it range compared to the other offerings...esp. the Bushnell 8-32 which would seem to be its most direct comparision (outside of being a variable mag).

I'm mainly considering one due to the light weight and the prices are quite good here in the USA.

I picked one up at christmas, I'm getting by fine with it. Range finding was tricky at first as it does not snap in like a nikko, but its no worse than my old 20-50 leup

Fixed mag was something new to get used to but wasn't really a problem. Not being able to turn the mag down for standers was a worry of mine but it didn't turn out to be an issue.

The ret is fine but I've never 'lost' it either.

And with a leup close focus adapter it comes down to 9y, 8 is blurred but its good enough to shoot on
My silence is not weakness, but the beginning of my revenge.