View Single Post
Old 1st February 2014, 07:29 PM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Cleared some messages out now Dave, sorry about that.

I was expecting the first 5 production hooks in yesterday or today, but sadly the printers are taking a bit longer to send this order out.

On the plus side, I've continued my testing and I'm more and more impressed with the hook every day. Having that over shoulder support is a definite advantage, I can see an instant improvement in stability (and I didn't think I was too bad before). Sitting is very very nearly as stable as rested HFT prone now!!.. It's practically cheating

I'm convinced about the strength now too - I was concerned that being nylon it wouldn't be as strong as an aluminium hook, but I'm totally convinced it's plenty strong enough. In fact it's much stronger than at least 1 big name manufacturers aluminium butt hook.

Once the production models are in and I'm happy with the quality, I'm going to launch an eCommerce website to handle taking orders/payments from people with some details about how to dye the hooks. I've dyed the prototype black now and it looks much better than the horrible green I used before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140131-DSC02927.jpg (72.1 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg 20140131-DSC02917.jpg (65.6 KB, 193 views)