Thread: scratch remover
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2009, 06:49 AM
Getting dusty

Originally Posted by FUBAR View Post
yer nice one derek not only did you run you pointy long girly finger nail over it you also went against the grain which is a big no no when it comes to wood in future please ask before handling someones rifle you should know that .
cheers dave i may take you up on that offer , i have given the stock another coat today of linseed oil , letting it dry at the moment as it takes 24hrs . oh and iv'e done those bits you spotted under the adjustable cheek rest .

dave ... can wax like bri wax be put on the stock without having to take off the oil or would three or four coats of linseed oil weather proof it enough also do you think i should oil the inside of the stock . any tips on keeping my stock in good nick would be helpful . cheers lads
I'm suprised you're being so calm Nick! Like Dave says schlep loads of oil on it especially the inletting and adjustable bits until it won't take anymore in. I use Liberon black bison paste on all my stocks nothing else comes close to weather/hand sweat proofing wood work!