Thread: scratch remover
View Single Post
Old 30th October 2009, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Kingplinker View Post

Oh how funny was that .......... apparently

Poor Nick came to the club with his new stock and Derek the gaffer rubbed his nail over the butt end asking how hard the ginb wood was but when he took his hand away it left a nice dented scratch in the stock

If the wet tea towel and hot iron doesn't work Nick I will sort it out for you FOC obviously.

yer nice one derek not only did you run you pointy long girly finger nail over it you also went against the grain which is a big no no when it comes to wood in future please ask before handling someones rifle you should know that .
cheers dave i may take you up on that offer , i have given the stock another coat today of linseed oil , letting it dry at the moment as it takes 24hrs . oh and iv'e done those bits you spotted under the adjustable cheek rest .

dave ... can wax like bri wax be put on the stock without having to take off the oil or would three or four coats of linseed oil weather proof it enough also do you think i should oil the inside of the stock . any tips on keeping my stock in good nick would be helpful . cheers lads

Last edited by FUBAR; 30th October 2009 at 10:42 PM.