View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2014, 08:02 AM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley
Default Bored with PCP

My main reason for switching to Springers from PCP was boredom. I would get my Styer or EV2 out of the car, shoot 4/5 lanes and get bored even if I hit every target. I was an average shot with a PCP, but never going to win much as I always put myself in AA grade regardless of my averages. The reason for this is that I have won trophies in A grade and don't really want any more, so let someone else have a go and battle it out for them. All my target PCPs have been sold apart from an old Pro-Target and the Lads S200, and now I have 3 FT Spring rifles.
Shooting in spring/ recoiling class is for me so much more satisfying, especially when it all comes together like it did for me at the Milride MFTA Winter league scoring 37x40. Now to have regular days like that with a springer would be something else..if only. But it shows that it can be done. Don't ask what I scored in the next round at Greyhound, but that's springers for you and I was having scope problems which took me 8 lanes to get back to my zero. I looked on the BFTA website as Simon has put the new averages on there and I am just above 80% which is A grade. It could be better, it should be better, just need to practice more and get a bit more consistent like Brian.

Looking forward to the GP season and meeting some of the new guys shooting springers.
And also looking forward to shooting in the 5 man spring gun team sponsored by Solware, so a big thanks to them.

It's just so much more satisfying when you knock them over with a springer. And regardless of my scores, I am enjoying my shooting now more than I ever have.

The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.