View Single Post
Old 19th January 2014, 12:24 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by greyskullnz View Post
Missing the point Rob.

NZ law is not interested in the actual firearm/air rifle. Irrespective of whether 12 ft/lbs or 500 ft/lbs. The law probes the suitability of the person wishing to visit with firearms.

That is why you must apply to the Police, who have the access to interpol to check you out, and I personally as a private citizen do not. Neither can the RGB here tell the Police who shall and shall not be deemed suitable to issue a visitor Lic.

The individual person must submit to a Police vetting of their "fit and proper" status. Which rifle you wish to bring in or use once here has no real relevance. Once here and approved you can possess and use ANY firearm. That is the basis of our firearms laws. It is what it is. Before the law change you could fly in with any airgun without batting an eyelid, now not so. Each person has to make contact with Police and make that application via the online website using the online form.
I'm not missing any point Adam. Its nothing to do with the EU as you say. That was my point.

It's just a shame for your guests you've been unable to find a route to ease that application process like the commercial hunting outfits advertise. I'm sure everyone ends up filling in the same form, but perhaps they are just more integrated into the process because they do it regularly.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep