View Single Post
Old 19th January 2014, 08:45 AM
Never has been banned from sales
Member of: Nelson & Nomads airgun club

Originally Posted by greyskullnz View Post
Missing the point Rob.

NZ law is not interested in the actual firearm/air rifle. Irrespective of whether 12 ft/lbs or 500 ft/lbs. The law probes the suitability of the person wishing to visit with firearms.

That is why you must apply to the Police, who have the access to interpol to check you out, and I personally as a private citizen do not. Neither can the RGB here tell the Police who shall and shall not be deemed suitable to issue a visitor Lic.

The individual person must submit to a Police vetting of their "fit and proper" status.
I don't think Rob is missing anything on the contrary, NZ is.
You have registered firearms users with a Firearms licence and a European Firearms Pass all of which have been issued a Police force and EU yet you are saying NZ is going to deem wether they are fit and proper or not! Catch yourself on.

Come on Adam, N.Ireland hosted two worlds and did the paperwork including obtaining free of charge tempory firearms licences for the mainland uk competitors who had no FAC.

Is your website up and running with all the appropriate links and how to/must do instructions. It's been terribly quiet with that regard. Perhaps post the link to the NZ worlds site.

Have you decided yet if standard Gamo targets are going to be used or are you modifying them to ensure reliability and consistency for competitors?
Also will the FAC users shoot separate targets?

I'm still undecided wether to go or not as I don't want to miss the proper Europeans in Weston Park.
He who never made a mistake never learned!
He who never missed never shot!