View Single Post
Old 9th January 2014, 09:54 AM
Member of: Anston

Originally Posted by Scooby View Post
Not sure why you are trying to drag it up again but maybe have a look at the original thread if you are that bothered HERE

If you are really interested I'll try to dig out the original photos of the target not long after it was pulled, they were taken by me while Andy Calpin was trying to test it, you will have to discount about 4 misses from the faceplate though as Andy shot at the faceplate a few times.
Hi Pete, did'nt realise I was trying to Drag anything up, just saying what I think, which is what Forum's are for.

As for being bothered I got as far as your respose regarding missed targets which was as follows

Hi Andy,

Strange that your own Chairman PM'd me earlier in the week & said that the Crocodile was only called twice before it was pulled ?? I've asked for the details of all the called targets at Anston & will post them here as soon as I have them.

There's no doubt that a minority of our shooters call targets when they miss in the vain hope to get a kill awarded but to be awarded the kill the target needs to fail the target checking other words the target actually does have to be in effect this is by far the fairest method.

However when clubs use novelty targets in none accessible positions our chief marshal has very little choice to pull a target that he deems faulty.
Since we have started using the target checker we replace faulty targets so only the person who called the target can possibly gain an advantage & then only if the target fails the target checker, in addition to this a target that is called repeatedly is replaced even if it passes the target checker.

I need not go any further with this because there is no point, this is not a dig at you or UKAHFT but unfortunately for some, its all part of the game to win at all costs, but this is a close shot of the target.

Last edited by plattitude; 27th May 2014 at 05:19 PM.