View Single Post
Old 7th January 2014, 05:53 AM
Member of: carisbrooke rangers
Default Could

Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
Where can i get a close focus adapter for a MK1 Big Nikko?

Just one more little do i use it??....'blush'

My Nikko only goes down to 10ish yds, concerned about re-parallaxing though as i may lose gaps at long range...
Can i just drill a small hole in a butler creek?...just a thought?

Thanks Mike
Pity i never got down to see you at your ground when i was living in brighton . could have run you through it . the pin hole was the old way of doing it , but it does not cut the mustard nowadays , not with the dreaded 15 mil targets . if you keep your scope close to the barrel then you will have less trouble . but since you get an advantage from having your scope higher , that may not be what you want . first thing to do is find out exactly how far down the scope will come on your chosen mag . you rarely need more than 35 mag to range on . it should come down to about 10 yards . that leaves you two yards to suss out . if you have a mil dot ret , you might be able to bracket them on a lower mag IE ten . if not then you need a close focus adpter . you can use a camera adapter , i am sure somebody on here will come up with the type . lots cheaper secondhand from a camera shop or flea bay . you then fit to a flip up and away you go to your first win . errrr or mayby not . ??? HOLLY
" Be your self , everybody else is taken "