View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2014, 07:54 AM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Thanks chaps

The prototype is with the 3D printers now, this isn't being printed on a cheapo home desktop printer, this is being printed on a nylon laser sintering machine costing hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Unfortunately they don't print in metal (although there are machines that do!) and they only print in white nylon so when I get it back I expect it to look very much like the white rendering pic I've attached.

On the plus side, the white nylon lends itself to being dyed really well. I've only tried dying stuff black so far but that goes on very evenly. The only downside with the black dye I'm using (Rit Dye) is that the black has a slight hint of brown in it under certain light so I think I might use some different colours on my prototype.

I've ordered some dark green for the next batch of bushnell turrets I'm having printed at the same time so I might try that, and possibly have some parts in dark brown or even black with a hint of brown

The prototype should take about a week to 10 days to come back to me - I'll post some real photo's when it comes in.

I've also had some really encouraging offers of help with the project on the testing, finishing and manufacturing side of things. So hopefully, fingers crossed it won't be too long before I'm able to go into small scale production and you'll be able to buy an inexpensive very adjustable FT specific butt hook.

Once that's working, I plan on making an HFT legal version and a recoiling gun specific version with some built in recoil absorption ( spring loaded of course! )

Anyhoo, keep a watch on the thread and thanks again for the support.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20140103-untitled.39.jpg (169.3 KB, 285 views)
File Type: jpg 20140101-untitled.37.jpg (153.3 KB, 271 views)