Thread: that site
View Single Post
Old 30th December 2013, 11:12 PM
Member of: KSG, Misfits

Originally Posted by KeithW View Post
I'm not sure that I see your point on this. What is ********** doing that diminishes anything the clubs / series are doing?
I already record my results in my own designed spreadsheet, but as far as I can see it isn't as effective or revealing (ie, as useful) as **********.
I am happy for ********** to harvest and process my scores for me ... unless there's a catch somewhere - other then personal embarrassment - that I'm missing. Please tell me if there is!

And by my understanding, if data has been published in a public forum then it becomes public, and therefore able to be used by other people.
If that is the case then The DMHS scores will not be able to be put up in the public domain, which in turn would have an effect on the series and possibly the sponsorship of the series.
Leading to the series having to finish and as such this would effect a lot of people that enjoy the sport.
The guy that runs the DMHS web site and compiles the scores puts in a lot of time and effort to do so, and for someone to take that data without having the manners to ask before taking it is a disgrace and is something that shouldn't be allowed to happen.
********** have now taken down the DMHS scores and I appreciate the fact that they have done so.
As for there being a catch who knows!!!