View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2013, 09:35 PM
Aspiring to mediocrity
Member of: MEMBER OF M.A.D

Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
Who ever heard of shooting squizzers under a lamp? I merely used lamping as an example of a hunting scenario where you rarely use support. If you read it you'd notice where I used the words "This morning".

With 30ft/lb under 20y anything from the chest and up does the job, so the target area is more like 50mm. This isn't sporting shooting it's pest control, if it's grey and up a tree it gets shot. Nobody makes a clean kill with an Airgun every single time, it's what you strive for however runners can happen with any type of shooting. For the record my buddy shot two I got one.

Before we derail another thread with our ********, speak with people who go out hunting or do some yourself so you have a better idea what's involved. There's more to it than laying up with a bipod, I'll gladly take you out for a wander with Hal and the dogs next time you're in the parish.
Sorry Ryan, I disagree, I belive that the worst thing any hunter can do is wound an animal, I can honestly say I have never had a runner as I will never pull a trigger unless I can be sure of a clean kill. This is somthing that Roger ingraned into me when he showed me how to shoot rabbits with his HMR.

The same rule applies for deer, rabbits, squirrals and even rats. I belive, that if we are goint to take a life, then at least make sure you do it right.
Somehow I made TEAM ENGLAND 2012 and 2013

Illiterate writer for AirGunner

The real Kung Foo Panda.