Thread: BFTA & Kneelers
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2013, 12:56 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
We don't really need to go into definitions of support and contact Colin, we're all grown ups.

All you do is if it's not clear that someone's bag/sleeve isn't giving support you just politely suggest to the shooter that it's not clear and perhaps it might be better if they could do something to make it more clear. Don't phrase it as an accusation of cheating, just a friendly -

"sheesh, what about all this kneeling rule kerfuffle eh? 34 pages and counting!.. oh by the way, your position could look like from a distance that you're getting support from that big puffy bag.. Of course I'm not saying you are mate, I know you wouldn't do such a thing, but those sad act pedants on the internet might accuse you if they saw it.. so to be on the safe side, might be a good idea to move it a little. just to make it absolutely obvious."

The question of marshalling is pretty easy to solve too. You don't have to have a marshall watching every single shooter at all the kneeling lanes.

Just say.. Where possible, at least 1 kneeling lane should have a marshall stationed on it for the majority of the shoot.

It's not like marshalling takes up lots of time - if there are no stoppages, marshalls don't do much else other than have a good chat with the shooters as they go round. Where's the harm in saying.. look if you're going to stand around chatting to your mates, stand near the kneeling lane and have a glance over from time to time.
Scrap the ambiguity Bri... can't touch. End of. Simple for a buddy marshall to tell, simple for anyone. Where close then slide a ruler in if needed. All done on the clock so the shooter has incentive to make it clear to those marshalling.

Bag can't touch buttocks or thigh. Rifle can only be contacted by the areas forward of the wrist. Shoulder and head contact are allowed. The ankle joint should be clear of the ground. The toe area should contact the ground. The knee area should contact the ground, and the sole of the other foot should contact the ground.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep