Thread: BFTA & Kneelers
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2013, 07:51 PM
Member of: Kent Woodsmen FTC

Hi Shaun, I'm not quite sure what you are saying here - that the proposal has been carried over every year for the last five years?

I don't want to go off on a tangent discussing items from 5 years ago but 'contentious' how? a 'problem' for marshalls, how?

I'm arguing this because it's fundamental to my shooting but my perspective is also one with no down-side because if the ban doesn't come in, no-one loses, whereas if it does, then myself and others like me lose something yet no-one else actually gains anything(?)

Look, our rep didn't vote because he didn't have a mandate; as we were working from an early edition that didn't show the proposal. Given the chance to exercise our vote now that the proposals has been discussed SEFTA are a unanimous NO. So, when it comes to be ratified in Jan it would be fair to have a re-vote to include SEFTA's opinion. If all else stays the same then it'll be 3 v 3 and the status quo will remain. If no re-vote is allowed, then the rule will have been brought in under a technicality and not including the opinion of an entire region of BFTA members and will have all the validity and creditability as such.