Thread: BFTA & Kneelers
View Single Post
Old 1st December 2013, 10:09 PM
Team Gilly
Member of: Castle FTC

Originally Posted by neilL View Post
Probably said many pages ago but just to say again.

The cttee made it clear that they did not want any form of ankle roll (it was discussed). Bags are just to keep the knee clean and not provide support. One motion was withdrawn which mentioned them and nobody proposed any amendments to the motion which was voted through. The intent of the cttee was clear - 3 points of contact, no ankle supports, bag or mat just to keep the knee clean but not required. I.e. a simple definition which is easier to enforce.

The 2014 Main Shoot Rules will combine existing rules and the changes made at the AGM and will be discussed and clarified at the January EGM. So fine tuning will be done there.

Positionals are supposed to be more difficult than the freestyle (sitting) position. Someone effectively sitting whilst "kneeling" is just abusing all those who kneel correctly. There are many who have problems with knee joints and ankle problems and to help them the rule was brought in for 2013 that kneelers may be taken standing (but both targets, not mix and match).

Nobody should expect kneeling for FT targets to be comfortable, if you needed extra height while hunting then of course additional padding and support should be used. It is an artificial position which requires balance and composure for a short time whilst taking the shot not for the entire 2minutes for the lane.

I would suggest that either kneeling is made clear cut and more difficult than sitting or we simply do away with kneeling altogether and have more standers or even worse - require prone (no slings, no support) which would be unpopular with many others.

I am glad there is lots of discussion but it should be directed at the regional representatives and converted in to well constructed motions for the next meeting.
Was it also said that the kneelers should be over, where practical level ground and not up in trees or down in vallys