Thread: BFTA & Kneelers
View Single Post
Old 1st December 2013, 06:39 PM
Member of: Purley Chase ftc
Default Bending rule's

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
Not at all Holly, see Jono Noon's post above.. so long as you don't use a bean bag for knee protection, the proposal about shins etc doesn't apply.

He's quite right, I dunno how I didn't spot it.. the proposal that was voted on says "When using a seat for protection of the knee, whilst taking KNEELING SHOTS,... "

So if you're NOT using your seat for protection of the knee, absolutely nothing has changed and the new proposal doesn't apply.
Brian i know what you are saying and i do not disagree,but is this not the exact reason kneeler's are being looked at.
If people just twist word's so thing's suit themselves then we are back to people doing as they please.
It is possible to adapt to change,i know two shooter's that can not do kneeler for health reason's.
Tony waistnage shoot's right handed but take kneelers of his right leg and Peter Rowley who take's his kneeler's left handed beside's being a righty.These individual's are a credit to the sport not taking the easy option and not being beat by there aillment's.
For what it's worth i think we should do away with the bag on the kneeling lane altogether,that way no one can be accused of cheating through use of interpretation.
Just my pennith worth on this now very tiresome subject.
About as much use at field target , as a life guard at the Olympic swimming pool.