View Single Post
Old 18th November 2013, 02:43 PM
Member of: Ford & Oaks

Originally Posted by rich View Post
I hope we'll also permit the variant of bench rest that is shot indoors as well.

At Shebbear we started having a look at bench rest a couple of years ago and eventually elected to shoot 20 yards indoors, taking part in the Devon County Small Bore Rifle Association league. It's based on NSRA rules and as above, the aim point is a veritable pin head.

So far we have had about ten club members enter for the DCSRA competitions; the winter series has just got under way. In most NSRA comps you have to declare your average score before you start, and then get graded accordingly. In this comp your grading is dynamically assigned; you shoot the first three rounds (out of ten) and are then rank ordered and placed in grades along with similarly performing individuals.

These are postal comps where the cards get sent off roughly every fortnight to be scored. Ten roundels to a card and two cards makes a round of the comp.

In this comp you can shoot either 177 or 22 but once you have chosen a calibre you must stick with it for the season. This makes it a broad church as the LSR guys can shoot their standard 22 cal rigs and so can the FT guys shoot their 177s. It's amazing how a FT rig very quickly becomes suited to bench rest.

We're all still chasing that elusive 100 card. We regularly get 98s and 99s but nobody at our club has as yet printed a perfect 100. I suppose we are really at the limit of pellet production technology too; it doesn't take much of a flaw to send you a millimetre or two off at 20 yards and that could well be a 9.

Sorry Lol I mentioned those two letters; F and T
you just couldnt help yourself could you
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE