View Single Post
Old 13th November 2013, 07:55 PM
I like Feinwerkbau's
Member of: Tawd Vale FT&ARC

Originally Posted by Conor View Post
I can honestly say a lot of the bad Steyrs are either down to poor maintenance from the owner or a hammer, regulator, or firing valve. Simple fixes and truth be told the are mega consistent, the more you tinker with them the more problems you'll have.
Best FT gun out there for performance, reliability, accuracy and smile factor.
Some folk can't service theirs which can lead to problems. They rarely need serviced and when they do its quick and easy to do once you know how. Float the barrel properly and keep oil and dirt away from the hammer and your fine. I know one that wasn't touched for 7 yrs and it was out every weekend doing FT.

However if your Steyr doesn't make you smile, get something else to play with. Horses for courses
I've floated the barrel (properly, I'm a time served engineer!) the reg has been returned to Harry Preston, I've replaced the firing valve with the newest version I've stripped the action and degreased the hammer and the rifle worked perfectly for. the grand total of two GP's before it went ape **** yet again. The bloody thing has driven me to the point of giving up shooting! When it's on song it's deadly it's just that it tends to go off when I don't need it too
Oh and I think it's the most ugly thing on the planet which is why I've changed the woodwork, the butt hook and the trigger
2012 BFTA B grade Champion
Tawd Vale Field Target and Air Rifle club
Proud to be the home of British and World Champions
Support the growth of Field Target in your NorthWest clubs.
This aint a dry run, if you dont do it now you wont get another chance!