View Single Post
Old 12th November 2013, 07:33 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Exclamation BFTA EU Cookie compliance... feedback

Ok, as it might (but shouldn't) cause problems here is probably better to get response than the BFTA forum that you may not be able to get into...

The mighty EU decided that cookies (little files that sites put on your computer to remember things like logon details, but that can also be set up by advertisers to track you) need to have your express consent to be placed on your computer for all sites hosted in the EU (before you ask i've got no idea where STB is hosted, so there, but i'll look into it)... but anyway, the BFTA needs to ask for your permission by law. Sorry, can't do anything about it.

So has a little question to ask you when you visit it, and if you want to use the functions of the site like booking in etc then you need to click ok.

So if anyone feels like it, nip over there and see if it works... for those that really care, there is an option right down the bottom of the page to reverse your decision if you so wish... but i've stuck it down there so as not to confuse the majority of visitors that either don't care, or don't know what it's all about and probably would like not to reverse the decision by accident.

In simple terms, go there, click ok, and see if you can use what you could do before. And if you can't then, let me know.

When testing I did have to logon a couple of times, but that's probably because I was under the dashboard of the site at the time fiddling with the wires, and then running around the front to check the lights were switching on when they should be...
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread