View Single Post
Old 12th November 2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by holly View Post
Stop , Stop . GO TO A CLUB . spend nothing till you have a chance to have a look and a go at the rifles and scopes . your in london . go to Springfield ARC out at ongar . Phil there ( the sec ) has a Steyr and a Sightron . Barry the chairman . has a Steyr and a big nikko ( plus one of every thing you can think of ) there are anschutz , air arms in use . also they have a strong HFT set up . there are always good secondhand kit for sale , either at the club or in the region . DON'T BUY NEW TO START WITH . it is not like brands hatch . in FT it is try before buy ,not buy before try . at springfield you can do that . shooters are proud of there kit and most will let you have a go with it . that way you can get at least an idea of what is what ??? HOLLY
Hi Holly, thanks for the response. I am sure over the last 2 months researching I must have read 50 or more of your posts and similar advice to others.
I would not suggest you are wrong but from a clinical statistical perspective I doubt that trying any kit with my level of experience would reduce the likelihood of me buying the wrong stuff for my eventual style.

Think about it, how many people do you know or post have you read where people are buying new kit to improve scores, selling kit because they can't get on with it, saying one is better than the other etc etc. and these are people with 10 yrs experience. Can someone with little experience really know what suits them?

I know try before you buy sounds right but I don't think there are any guarantees. I am happy researching and looking for the best deal. I am sensible and sure my budget is enough to buy kit that will out perform me for years but equally if it all goes wrong I will see 2/3rds back from new price. I am def open to used (steyr) but would soon tire of regulator issues (evo) I have read about on these guns. Also very cautious about used optics but perhaps I am wrong.