Umm - Feb 2nd is down for the regular CSFTA WL . So if you want to overlay another competition on top it means deciding some rules ahead of time. Which depends on numbers for each group.
I suspect the Winter weather is the Great Unknown at that time of year for either date or location (and willingness therefore to travel).
Any thoughts about changing the format of the CSFTA Showdown? maybe make it an Open and mix in a bit of CS vs SE spice :-)