Thread: Helloooooo
View Single Post
Old 31st October 2013, 09:34 PM
Default Helloooooo

Hello everyone, my name is Norris, I live in South Wales, up near the heads of the valleys road, and I'm a retired engineer, although for the latter part of my working life I was a welder. My main hobby is paragliding,but when not doing that I can usually be found in my little workshop making swarf with my lathe or the milling machine. I make swarf out of aluminium and steel,and as a by product I also make all manner of things,like bolt action breeches for crosman pistols, muzzle brakes, triggers, uprated power valves, hand tightening knobs, and more recently butt hooks for the Anschutz Super Match 54, and also for a Steyr rifle from (excellent) drawing emailed to me by Zac, a senior member here. It was his suggestion that I sign into the site and introduce myself. Just made some locking rings to preserve the setting on the anshutz when the butt hook is removed but I will have a go at most little machining jobs. I am in the process also of setting up to do tig welding of stainless steel and aluminium. My email address is and if you want something making, modifying or repairing, drop me a line, or send me a picture. Hope to meet some of you in person over the coming months. I should add that although I've lived in wales for 25 years,I am a Yorkshire lad, so don't expect a taff accent if you phone me.
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread