View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2013, 02:41 PM
Senior Moment
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Basingstoke ARPC

Originally Posted by RobF View Post
Monty. I've got a sound triggered unit, in fact it's got all sorts, light, even a chrono so it can detect speed of projectile and dial in an offset in ms. But you don't need it unless you're using flash to freeze something fast like a pellet... i think when I shot Nick it was a dark day, i had no flash and I was on about 1/200th- perhaps 1/400th. For the vapour blast you don't need it.
For muzzle blast from firearms, i think I took just one on 1/4000th, and the rest were 1/1000th region. The online shots were on an old dead server so i'll see if i've got them on backup somewhere. But it's just timing rather than fast frame exposure. The DS3 only could do 5 fps from memory... I did use that burst but it wasn't held down, just jabbed when i thought the shot would be taken.
Oooh! Yes, pellet is what I'm after, agree the muzzle blast isn't too much of an issue. Just shooting at 9 fps I'll get 2 or 3 good frames with a nice blast and on powder burners it'll be more like 8 or 9!

Any chance of a borrow?

PS if it works I'll be needing a 'model'. Don't worry, not like my usual stuff so you can keep yer trollies on.
ISP Airstream MK III No 15 which is a bit poorly at the moment and having a rest
AA Pro Sport + Ginb FT8 stock + Bushnell 4200 6-24x
EV2 MK1 + Leupold Comp 40x
Weihrauch HW100 KT laminate

SBFTC Competition Secretary

Last edited by Monty; 22nd October 2013 at 03:01 PM. Reason: PS added