View Single Post
Old 14th October 2013, 09:29 PM
Because I`m AWESIME !!
Member of: Avon Hawks, Tondu, Oaktree

Originally Posted by SDplinker View Post
Is this the model I see referenced on STB by some shooters that shoot the "PR Leupolds"?

I've never seen one in person here in the USA although I'm sure they are out there. Sounds great but is it any better than a new Leup Comp for the same price? Also not sure the fine crosshair reticle will be any good for FT and from what I read on the web, nobody will work on these any more..

Those that own these in the UK....what's your plan should you need work? hate to drop $1000 on something that can't/won't be fixed by anybody let alone have reticle work done.

That scope works out at 624 according to Yahoo convert which is a good price.

6 of one half a dozen of the other really when it comes to Comp V Mk4

x40 Comp, slower in / out focus
Mk4 nice quick snaps in / out
Both range find find very well

Comps known to shift in heat.
Not had heat shift problem with eihter of my mk4 (cold day5 degress and under only shift i see)

I have used 4 different ret mk4 scopes, my fave is the no 27 which is a thin ret + well spaced mil dots.
I did however use a x32 mk4 which had just a fine scross hair and one with fine cross hair and target dot, both of the x32 mk4 were very good. Not as good as x 35 though, but x32 over here you can pick up for 400 -600.
mk4 x35 6 -800. Comps are about the same price at about 700 ish

If my mk4s were gone, I would probably be looking at a x45 Comp, thats the best range finding scope I have used and at 800 is good value for money.
BFTA Grading Q's to;
sorry wont answer Bfta q's on forums, Cant keep track of replies etc!
BFTA updates on

REV26 Ostler Ev2 & x45 comp awaiting a Gary Cane Stock!
Beast Priest Ostler Ev2 & x45 prem ret comp in Warren Edwards stock
If you want the best, Ostler is the man
Pump your Fish, Little or Large
MFTA visitors World championship - Arms dealer 97, Awesime 94, Acid Hands 85