View Single Post
Old 7th October 2013, 09:54 AM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset

Originally Posted by rogb View Post
That's very disappointing!
The shooters from Poland travelled by road to England with no problem, but we wouldn't be able to go the other way, going the best route, via Belgium and Germany.

So all you need to go by plane is a 200 Peli case on top of your air fares. Great
That and the handling charges for firearms. With Easyjet I think that's 25 each way.

You have to weigh it up against car/s or van, 2000 miles of fuel and ferry costs. Given that the flight costs would be 100 or less, it's not exactly a deal breaker. Van hire would be expensive. And there's not many motor's that can fit 4 people and guns and a few days kit in. My 3 series was about maxed out with 3 people. Doing the middle of Germany cost about 180 per head for travel expenses, that's for the 800 miles + run around driving and ferry. The advantage was we saved on car hire. But you'd burn say 2000 miles of fuel, so it would be more like 300 to drive with ferry, 3 in a car, per head.

I'm sure you could borrow a peli if push came to shove. I was 1/2 thinking of loaning mine out at 25 a week if I wasn't using them. Got two.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep