Thread: WHICH scope.
View Single Post
Old 4th October 2013, 03:43 PM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley

I would never say anything bad or contradictory about you Dave, and as you have been shooting a lot longer than me (you old git) you probably have more experience in such matters. I have owned a couple of 20-50 Leups and totally agree with you, that in the perameters of the scopes usage (not being too hot or cold) they are a top scope, and it's like most scopes need to know when it's going to move, and the reason I don't own any 20-50s is that they move more than any other quality FT scope I've owned, I would lose 4 yds on a cold winters day with the 20-50, but only a maximum of 2yds with the Competition, that's why I only use Leup Comps as they are....for me...very predictable and I've got used to how they work over a long period of time. All the Comps Ive owned have super smooth side wheels and very positive clicks.....a lot of the top FT shooters in this country use them. Sound advice would be to try a few before committing the best part of 1K for a 20-50 or Comp series. You can pay less.....Nikko, Deben, Falcon, or more, March, S&B, Nightforce. The choice is down to how it balances your rig, how it operates and how it looks.
The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.