Thread: CSFTA Showdown
View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2009, 09:07 PM
My Empire of Dirt
Member of: Southampton Buccaneers, Parkstone, South Dorset
Default CSFTA Showdown

CSFTA Showdown: Never mind the length, feel the quality.

What a course! Or should I say three courses. Carisbrooke don't have the largest ground, but they sure know how to make use of it. Courses are an art. They aren't done by numbers, a sub 40yd average distance doesn't mean dull or easy if you know your ground well, and the wind comes out to play.

One course ran down one side of the woods, then it took you over the other. The sister course lead you from the shelter of the trees, and out into the open fields. Very deceptive, and if you didn't get used to being out of the kill at anything approaching 40yds inside, then you were in real trouble outside, where anything on the plate was not enough beyond 50.

Even if you did get a handle on it, then the final course, with it's 180 degrees stradding over the previous lines, meant you still had a lot to learn. And learn we did. Mick Kelly learnt to shoot a gun that he bent walking off match no.1 and I learnt that you still have to check which targets are in your lane. And we all learnt that if James Woodhead didn't knock you out, then his dad, Mick, would surely oblige.

The wind blew, the sun shone and the banter flowed. Good courses, good company. Doesn't get much better than that really.

Once again Alan has the scores already posted here and my pics will follow on the post below.
BFTA/NSRA County Coach
CSFTA Chairman/BFTA Rep
Connect With Facebook to "Like" This Thread