View Single Post
Old 30th September 2013, 06:49 PM
Stoopit forriner.

Interesting stuff.

There ARE two things I do wonder about:
1. If you're going to send 20 pellets downrage, what would be the benefit of shooting a downrange string through a chronograph, if you could just as well shoot a couple groups and see what they look like?*

2. I don't know what chronoing device you used, but if it looks anywhere like my shooting chrony (which has the antennae above the device that hold the diffusors), couldn't you just put a pellet-discouraging object (like a wood block) in front of the unit itself, so that only the antennae and the diffusors are at risk?
Looking at how I sometimes shoot, that is definitely something I would do to alleviate any fears of hitting the device itself...

Thanks for this!

*) am I, the Acknowledged Accumulator of Redundant Data, really saying this? I must've cracked...
The Filthy Pig: Air Arms 100 (1990) + AA Olympic trigger + Welham reg + Custom Shop CS1000 stock. Status: leaking.
The Unknown Quantity: AA EV2 Mk4. + BSA Platinum 10-50x60 + Jon Harris wheel. Status: sorted up to 25 yds.
The Limping Dog: Air Arms Shamal (1989) + unknown origin sporter stock + Optisan Cobra 3-9x42. Status: slowly leaking; needs work.
The Ox: HW97k + Venom Lazaglide. Status: working just fine; needs scope.
with apologies to NJR100

Last edited by peterh; 30th September 2013 at 06:56 PM.