View Single Post
Old 30th September 2013, 12:01 PM
Allowed in Sales
Member of: Pontefract, Doncaster Airgun Range

Originally Posted by skires View Post
Maybe the springer pellets were holding on to more speed at 30 yards ( higher BC )?
Dunno (shrug) - it's difficult to say really, but at 30 yards unless you were getting a massively higher BC the difference in kinetic energy would be tiny.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say you were hitting the reset paddle a little bit lower than they were perhaps.

That's the trouble with the subjective tests we do really - we see something tangible happen and then come up with theories about why they happened. Before long we start to convince ourselves that our theories are correct and make decisions based on them.

Truth of the matter is, no one really knows why you could reset the target and they couldn't - it could have been BC, could have been where you were hitting the paddle - we could probably come up with half a dozen other reasons too if we tried. With the absence of any real data, it's largely a guessing game.

Anyhoo.. I've just shot some groups in the garden, just scanning and measuring them now. Not sure exactly what to make of the results, but I didn't do as badly as I thought I was going to, so I'm happy about that at least