View Single Post
Old 24th September 2013, 07:42 PM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Choices.....

I have just sold a house that has been like a millstone for me and I have sold a gun and a couple of sights so treat time

So my question is almost the same as this thread, which March?

Now I know it is difficult to get a concensus on anything and I know I am asking the same question again but to all the March users or those with experience of March, 10-60 or 8-80?

So I have read as much as I can and I have spoken to Gary C at March (top guy changed a compact scope because I didnt like the ret - no questions asked) one minute you think yes its that one, then the next night read another article and no its the other

So some questions:

- Do 8-80 users actually use the 60-80 mag range?
- What are the mechanical diffrerences between the two (must be more "stuff" in that 34mm tube)?
- Would you have illumination, have to say I have a few scopes with it but cannot remember needing it?
- The FT ret is for me looks lovely and clean, but could Conor explain the logic around the spacings?
- Have read that a guy got an 8-80 and really struggled with the tiny spacings on the wheel, it seems it may have been set up for long range - is that correct
- The parallax error issues previously discussed, it seems the 10-60 suffers less is that so (although it must be hard to get parralax problems at such high mag with such a small exit pupil?)

So if the whole March range were laid in front of you and you were offered one free which would people choose?
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE