View Single Post
Old 24th September 2013, 11:21 AM
Stoopit forriner.

Originally Posted by Monty View Post
But,,,, I do weigh pellets discarding the few that come in below 8.30 and above 8.49 grains because I have some belief that pellets outside of my acceptable range may have a defect (other than too much/too little alloy) that causes inbalance and therefore instability in flight, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the actual weight. This is almost certainly a wrong assumption, but it means I can sit in my study with the door closed and a bottle of single malt and not be disturbed for an hour or two so I don't care, and after sorting a couple of tins I REALLY DON'T CARE, but I do really, really love everyone so that's OK.

Coincidentally, I recently went through the process of weighing a substantial number of Exacts (out of unmanageable curiotity, as well as for much the same reasons as you mentioned... it beats watching The Voice or Strictly Come Dancing), and threw the extremes (none of which were under 8.23 or over 8.54) into a separate tin and sat down to do some grouping with that.
I read from your post that I better not tell you what the result was.

The Filthy Pig: Air Arms 100 (1990) + AA Olympic trigger + Welham reg + Custom Shop CS1000 stock. Status: leaking.
The Unknown Quantity: AA EV2 Mk4. + BSA Platinum 10-50x60 + Jon Harris wheel. Status: sorted up to 25 yds.
The Limping Dog: Air Arms Shamal (1989) + unknown origin sporter stock + Optisan Cobra 3-9x42. Status: slowly leaking; needs work.
The Ox: HW97k + Venom Lazaglide. Status: working just fine; needs scope.
with apologies to NJR100

Last edited by peterh; 24th September 2013 at 11:23 AM.