View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2013, 05:55 PM
Boingers forever.
Member of: Far Coley

Originally Posted by rich View Post
Down here in the south west we build our FT courses to different rules from the rest of the country, and by and large they are reckoned to be tougher. For example 25mm reducers permitted to 45 yards, and full size positionals out to 45 yards.

It's been suggested we might be taking things too far, and some easier targets should be included. For example on my home course we only have one freestyle full size kill under 30 yards and that is in a windy spot. Easy on a calm day.

I'm wondering what is a typical "easy" target at a club ground up-country? I don't mean on a GP course, I mean on say a winter league course where your scores go in for national grading.
If it's not a BFTA event you can stick them as far as you like. Sometimes we put a 30 shot course out with a reducer on every lane, we had a 40mm rabbit at 87 yds on Sunday just for fun. At the end of our club shoots we always look for a longer target from a different angle, even up to 100yds. It's just a bit of fun to see how many shots it takes to hit it. To hit The 87yd target on Sunday I was dialling 18 MOA elevation on my Leupold comp.

Easy targets on an FT course for me would be any kill zone out to 55yds, as long as there's no wind.
The Pope HW97 V-Mach. Gary Cane Laminate stock. Leupold Competition 40 mag Mildot.
The Smiler. Walther LGU. WE Laminate stock. Leupold Competition.
The Dark Destroyer. TX200 MK3. Leupold Competition 40 mag.
Pro-Sport. Warren Edwards Blue Laminate stock. Bushy 8-32x40.