View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2013, 02:00 PM
Member of: Ford & Oaks
Default Emoticons

Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
We're just trying to help you out matey, no need to roll your eyes at me virtually Actually what you'll find is that MV and accuracy very often have little to do with each other. One is measuring how consistent your gun is, the other measures how stable the pellet is in flight. Which was kind of the lost point in my earlier post - you're concentrating on getting a consistent puff of air up the skirt in the hope that it will deliver greater downrange accuracy when in fact you could very well end up making the pellet far less accurate downrange by pratting about with it and altering it's stability in flight.

p.s. Has anyone introduced you to the idea of using an old BIC pen to sort your pellets yet? That's always good for killing a few hours, and trying to find an old BIC pen can become a good little hobby in itself
OK probably the wrong emoticon

I will be more careful what I post on this forum in future, any "General Airgun Chat" discussions I want will be made elsewhere I will stick to FT/HFT here

Not sure I am explaining myself very well I am always accused of rambling a bit, for example I said in my last response "I agree totally with the comments about velocities Vs accuracy being two different things not absolutely fixed to each other" you replied "what you'll find is that MV and accuracy very often have little to do with each other" is it just me.....(resist rolling eyes).....
...the statements, opinions and comments in the post above are from someone who has never won anything and probably never will, just an enthusiastic air gunner, for those here who only place value in the opinions of winners - move along to the next post ... LL MRE